On the right are links to websites with information regarding global health opportunities. Below are specific adverts that you may wish to apply for. Overseas fellowships & opportunities are currently postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Global Partnerships department at the RCoA are currently advertising a number of Trainee Fellowships open to anaesthetists in training who are interested in undertaking a placement in a low resource setting. These include:
Opportunities for UK anaesthetists in training (CT2+) and post CCT at BKL Walawalkar Hospital, Dervan, India.
Applications are invited for anaesthetists in training (CT2 onwards) and post CCT Anaesthetists to act as Visiting Registrar in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care at the Bhaktashreshta Kamlakar Laxman Walawalkar Hospital, Dervan, Maharashtra, in India. This is a 3-6 months commitment designed to provide experience in the fields of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care in a rural setting. See here.
Musana International Anaesthesia Education Fellow (6-12m from Aug 2020 or Feb 2021)
The Musana International Anaesthesia Education Fellow position is a unique role for a highly motivated individual to join a team of experienced faculty in the Department of Anaesthesia at Busitema University Faculty of Health Sciences. Their role will be to provide support to Busitema University, Department of Anaesthesia as they develop their academic and teaching capacity. Open to all stages of training. See here.
Previous opportunities (& links) have included:
- Tutors for MSc Anaesthesia, Gondar, Ethiopia (Contact email@example.com)
- Medical Education, Juba, South Sudan (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Global Surgery Fellowship,University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Association of Anaesthetists International Fellowship
- E-primer for global anaesthesia project
- Teaching fellowship in Northwest Tanzania
- Lifebox Safe Surgery & Anaesthesia Fellows
- Consultant Anaesthetists with interest in Global Anaesthesia (Hereford Wye Valley)
- Harvard Program in Global Surgery and Social Change (PGSSC) Fellowship
- Remote & Pre-Hospital ‘SHARP’ Fellowship – GLOBAL Stream
- The Facing Africa Fellowship
- The Aberdeen-Bahir Dar Partnership (Ethiopia)
- BKL Walawalkar Hospital, Dervan, India
- Ethiopia Anaesthesia Development Program & GADP
- SHARP Global Anaesthesia Fellowships
- Kings Sierra Leone Partnership Senior Trainee Fellow
- Lifebox Fellowship at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre, Tanzania
- MMI Bugando, Tanzania
- Namibian Anaesthesia Fellowships
- Zambia Anaesthesia Development Program
- Subspecialty training & career mentoring in Zambia
- Mercy Ships Capacity Building Program Facilitators
- King’s College Global Health & Global Surgery PhD opportunity