Conferences & Meetings
WAS Autumn 2021 Seminar – Thursday 7th October 9am-12pm
‘Anaesthesia workforce: tackling global inequalities’
The WAS Autumn 2021 seminar will be held fully online, in collaboration with the Association of Anaesthetists. During this seminar you will hear from those who have wealth of experience in the field of anaesthesia workforce development and training. Presentations will include an overview from the WHO representatives, local voices from Sierra Leone and Nepal, and current developments in virtual training.
WAS at recent global anaesthesia events
WAS secretary Dr Tamara Banerjee spoke at The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) Friends of MSF screening of ‘Restoring Dignity’. This is a documentary made in collaboration with MSF about the journey of noma Survivors and MSF project in Sokoto, Nigeria
WAS President Tom Bashford delivered the keynote speech at the THET conference on 26th September 2019. The focus of the conference was on Responsibility, Collaboration, Innovation and Equity. Read his blog post “Partnership, Collaboration & Working Towards Shared Goals” here
Our WAS seminar on 30th April 2019 was a great day with an interesting & inspiring line-up of speakers. Thanks to all those who joined us and to those who couldn’t make it, we hope to see you next time! You can view some of the presentations here.
WAS President Tom Bashford presented at Global Anaesthesia: Engaging the Collective on 22nd March 2019, on a systems approach to the provision of health care.
WAS attended the SAFE-T Summit on 5th April 2019 focused on Global Equity & Teamwork.
Previous WAS Seminars
Click on seminar for program
- 16th March 2021 – Global anaesthesia: towards health equity
- 30th April 2019 – Leadership in global health
- 14th May 2018 – Innovation and technology in world anaesthesia
- 17th Oct 2017 – Obstetric and paediatric anaesthesia
- 2nd May 2017 – Caring for the critically ill patient in the global context
- 31st Oct 2016 – The wider role of the anaesthetist in global health
- 23rd May 2016 – Trainee anaesthetists in the developing world