Conferences & Meetings
WAS Spring 2022 Seminar – Tuesday 22nd March 9.30am-5pm
‘Global anaesthesia partnerships post-pandemic’
The WAS Spring 2022 seminar will be held fully online, in collaboration with the Royal College of Anaesthesists. Hear from world-class speakers on current challenges, new initiatives and how we can move towards making partnerships post pandemic. Some of the confirmed speakers are Elma Wong (Yemen), Ben Simms (UK) and JP Bagala (Uganda). The event will explore key topics from a variety of disciplines to highlight and explore how to address partnerships post pandemics. Topics will include:
• Undertaking MSF placements during the pandemic
• The SCALE project
• How THET’S work has been affected by the pandemic
The link to register on the RCOA website is here. The full programme will follow shortly. This event is worth 5 CPD points
WAS at recent global anaesthesia events
WAS secretary Dr Tamara Banerjee spoke at The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) Friends of MSF screening of ‘Restoring Dignity’. This is a documentary made in collaboration with MSF about the journey of noma Survivors and MSF project in Sokoto, Nigeria
WAS President Tom Bashford delivered the keynote speech at the THET conference on 26th September 2019. The focus of the conference was on Responsibility, Collaboration, Innovation and Equity. Read his blog post “Partnership, Collaboration & Working Towards Shared Goals” here
Our WAS seminar on 30th April 2019 was a great day with an interesting & inspiring line-up of speakers. Thanks to all those who joined us and to those who couldn’t make it, we hope to see you next time! You can view some of the presentations here.
WAS President Tom Bashford presented at Global Anaesthesia: Engaging the Collective on 22nd March 2019, on a systems approach to the provision of health care.
WAS attended the SAFE-T Summit on 5th April 2019 focused on Global Equity & Teamwork.
Previous WAS Seminars
Click on seminar for program
- 7th October 2021 – Anaesthesia workforce: tackling global inequalities
- 16th March 2021 – Global anaesthesia: towards health equity
- 30th April 2019 – Leadership in global health
- 14th May 2018 – Innovation and technology in world anaesthesia
- 17th Oct 2017 – Obstetric and paediatric anaesthesia
- 2nd May 2017 – Caring for the critically ill patient in the global context
- 31st Oct 2016 – The wider role of the anaesthetist in global health
- 23rd May 2016 – Trainee anaesthetists in the developing world