Conferences & Meetings
Our WAS Spring Seminar is planned for 24th March 2020 in collaboration with RCoA
Join us for a day of lecture-based discussion on the delivery and provision of anaesthesia across the world. Hear from world-class speakers on current challenges, new initiatives and how we can move towards health equity. Topics will include:
- The health of migrant populations in the UK
- How religion and ethic background affect health access
- The impact of climate change on health equity
- Developing global health skills
See the programme & book here
‘Restoring Dignity’: Noma and careers with MSF – 25th February 2020
Are you interested in working with MSF as a nurse, midwife, mental health officer, health promoter or communications officer?
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) Friends of MSF will be screening ‘Restoring Dignity’ at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. This is a documentary made in collaboration with MSF about the journey of noma Survivors and MSF project in Sokoto, Nigeria
Short talks from MSF staff will follow. Speakers include WAS secretary Dr Tamara Banerjee.
Further information here
WAS at recent global anaesthesia events
WAS President Tom Bashford delivered the keynote speech at the THET conference on 26th September 2019. The focus of the conference was on Responsibility, Collaboration, Innovation and Equity. Read his blog post “Partnership, Collaboration & Working Towards Shared Goals” here
Our WAS seminar on 30th April 2019 was a great day with an interesting & inspiring line-up of speakers. Thanks to all those who joined us and to those who couldn’t make it, we hope to see you next time! You can view some of the presentations here.
WAS President Tom Bashford presented at Global Anaesthesia: Engaging the Collective on 22nd March 2019, on a systems approach to the provision of health care.
WAS attended the SAFE-T Summit on 5th April 2019 focused on Global Equity & Teamwork.
Previous WAS Seminars
Click on seminar for program
- 30th April 2019 – Leadership in global health
- 14th May 2018 – Innovation and technology in world anaesthesia
- 17th Oct 2017 – Obstetric and paediatric anaesthesia
- 2nd May 2017 – Caring for the critically ill patient in the global context
- 31st Oct 2016 – The wider role of the anaesthetist in global health
- 23rd May 2016 – Trainee anaesthetists in the developing world