Conferences & Meetings
Our WAS Spring Seminar is planned for 24th March 2020
World Anaesthesia Day 16th October 2019 – Get your social media pack here
Global Anaesthesia Development Program (GADP) academic meeting, 10th October 2019, London
The Global Anaesthesia Development Program (GADP) academic meeting/faculty day will be held on Thursday 10th October at Royal College of Anaesthetists, Red Lion Square, London. This is an event where the work of the charity and updates regarding the specific programmes in Zambia (ZADP) and Ethiopia (EADP) will be presented and discussed. Book here
WAS at recent global anaesthesia events
WAS President Tom Bashford delivered the keynote speech at the THET conference on 26th September 2019. The focus of the conference was on Responsibility, Collaboration, Innovation and Equity. Read his blog post “Partnership, Collaboration & Working Towards Shared Goals” here
Our WAS seminar on 30th April 2019 was a great day with an interesting & inspiring line-up of speakers. Thanks to all those who joined us and to those who couldn’t make it, we hope to see you next time! You can view some of the presentations here.
WAS President Tom Bashford presented at Global Anaesthesia: Engaging the Collective on 22nd March 2019, on a systems approach to the provision of health care.
WAS attended the SAFE-T Summit on 5th April 2019 focused on Global Equity & Teamwork.
Previous WAS Seminars
Click on seminar for program
- 30th April 2019 – Leadership in global health
- 14th May 2018 – Innovation and technology in world anaesthesia
- 17th Oct 2017 – Obstetric and paediatric anaesthesia
- 2nd May 2017 – Caring for the critically ill patient in the global context
- 31st Oct 2016 – The wider role of the anaesthetist in global health
- 23rd May 2106 – Trainee anaesthetists in the developing world